Griffin Club’s fabled story begins with Elmer Griffin. In 1926, Griffin opened the Westside Tennis Club, as a club for actors and entertainers who were shunned by the elite clubs of the time. The Club became a special gathering place for some of Hollywood’s most famous actors of the time, including Humphrey Bogart, Errol Flynn, Caesar Romero and Joan Bennett. Over the last 90 years, the Club has changed names a number of times, but has never lost its inherent appeal to the residents of Los Angeles.
Now under the stewardship of Meriwether Companies and Singerman Real Estate, the Club is a fit for a new generation of creatives and groundbreakers, families, entertainers, and artists, while honoring the history behind it all in both name and spirit.